Start a new topic
Answered

Portia Issues | Mid-Level Experienced

I am trying to scrape the following XML website Yahoo Feed

Following the examples given from the forums provided here, I still can't seem to get my Portia Crawler to successfully work. I select the title content, and I don't get anything extracted. 

I have successfully developed a spider with Scrapy that does this exact same thing, and I wanted to develop something similar via Portia.

Best Answer

Scrapy is more powerful than Portia, Portia can be used as a beginners tool to create the annotations and follow URls etc. But it becomes difficult when there are complex HTMLs/CSS of the target websites for which we suggest you use Portia to create Initial spider and then download it as Scrapy spider and then make changes as per the requirement and run the spider.

1 Comment

Answer

Scrapy is more powerful than Portia, Portia can be used as a beginners tool to create the annotations and follow URls etc. But it becomes difficult when there are complex HTMLs/CSS of the target websites for which we suggest you use Portia to create Initial spider and then download it as Scrapy spider and then make changes as per the requirement and run the spider.

Login to post a comment