Start a new topic
Answered

No items from yellowpages.ca

I have done everything in my novice power to make this work, but no avail. 

I have the correct url generation, and have selected the correct elements, yet no items appear when i run the scraper.

I have selected the elements I wanted with no css, could that be the issue?

I know for a fact that they are not blocking any ips.

Best Answer

Check if the starting pages are correct. And try with few elements and a single page, then improve the spider gradually to get more and more items.

If you find issues or errors, you can try by refreshing the cache, sometimes helps to avoid crashes or misbehaviors of Portia.

On the other hand, if the extractors are ok and the spider runs well, you may consider the possibility to being banned from yellowpages.ca.

Best regards,

Pablo

Also, when I select what elements I want to scrape, the scraper clearly can identify multiple elements, so that's not the issue either. I'm not much of a programmer, so i'm not sure what the issue is.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Answer

Check if the starting pages are correct. And try with few elements and a single page, then improve the spider gradually to get more and more items.

If you find issues or errors, you can try by refreshing the cache, sometimes helps to avoid crashes or misbehaviors of Portia.

On the other hand, if the extractors are ok and the spider runs well, you may consider the possibility to being banned from yellowpages.ca.

Best regards,

Pablo

Login to post a comment